Friday 22 August 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Review

On my last excursion to London, I was really looking forward to popping into Selfridges and picking up some goodies from Charlotte Tilbury's recent makeup line.  After watching nearly all of her tutourials on youtube (which I would seriously recommend checking out), I decided her products were something I needed, my mum on the otherhand had different thoughts but nevermind them.

When I get really excited about a makeup brand, I tend to go a bit crazy and buy things that I don't really need, and a month later when the excitement has passed I'm sat there looking at all the things I bought wondering what I'm going to do with them.  So I've learned from my mistakes and I bought three things; the Rock 'n' Kohl Liquid Eye Pencil in Marlene Midnight, the Full Fat Lashes Mascara and the Brow Lift Eyebrow Pencil.  I was hoping to buy the Filmstar Bronze and Glow, which has been raved about everywhere, but the bronzer was too orange for my skintone.

 Full Fat Lashes Mascara £22
The mascara is only available in black and promises to do five things; curl, seperate, lengthen and add volume and drama, and I must say, that it does all five of those things.  I wore it on a night out and found that the curl held for over eight hours (it was a long event) and it didn't smudge or clump.  It is the best mascara I have tried so far and though I would usually opt for a brown mascara I found it suitable to wear in the daytime.

 Before 

After Curling the Eyelashes 

 After

I don't think the front view does the mascara justice. I find that when you see the eyelashes from an angle, you're able to see how long they look! 


Rock 'n' Kohl Liquid Eye Pencil £19
I purchased the eye pencil in Marlene Midnight, which is a navy blue, yet it's quite subtle, so it looks like you could be wearing black.  I like to wear it on my upper lashline and extend the line out a bit so I have a slight flick.  What I love about this pencil is, it really brings the colour out in my eyes and it glides on so easily! The only thing I would say is, thought it's long lasting, it won't last all day or night, you will have to go over parts of it.  I noticed that it wore off on the inner and outercorners of my eyes.

Brow Lift Eyebrow Tool £22.50

The Eyebrow Pencil isn't something I intended on buying, I was happy enough with my MAC Eyebrow Defining Tool (in the shade fling) but I tried it at the counter and decided to buy it.  It is perfect for using on-the-go,  it has a brush on one end so that you can create your prefered shape and also so that you can comb through afterwards to even the colour out, in the middle there is a highlighter to place on your browbone and on the other end there's the colour.  The colour has a powder formula, and looks super natural which is what I like to go for, but it is buildable.  I like bold brows but I don't like it to look like I have filled them in, I find it's so easy to get carried away.  I love the idea of having the highlight in the middle, but it's quite dark.  I think it would look nicer on dark skintones.  


I will definetely be ordering more from the website in the future, and could not recommend checking Charlotte's tutorials out more.  I've never admired a makeup artist so much! She's fabulous, her whole makeup line is fabulous, hooray to Charlotte Tilbury!

Btw. all names of products and people are linked.

No comments:

Post a Comment