Friday 2 January 2015

Empties: lip balm edition


I'm not sure if I have established my love for soft lips yet, but now is the time to do so.  I'm big into lip balms.  Having soft moisturized lips is a must for me!  I just can't help myself.  I go through lip balms faster than any other product because I always have it with me and am always reapplying it.  I've finished a few lip balms since the summer and thought I'd review them here.

Nuxe reve de miel lip balm 
I bought this because everyone seemed to be raving about it!  I do agree that it is a good lip balm, especially if you want to wear it overnight.  It's a nice thing to have on your bedside table.  It has a very thick texture and applies matte, I bought it for my friend and she said, "It's like peanut butter" which pretty much sums it up, but creamy not crunchy.  The only thing that disappointed me slightly and seems to happen with most lip balms is that though it does moisturize the lips, I could still wake up with dry patches on my lips.  It is quite a pricey lip balm at around €12, so I think that it's nice to have as a treat but isn't necessarily worth the price.

Nuxe reve de miel lip moisturizing stick 
This is the stick version of the lip balm and I actually enjoyed using this more than the pot.  I found that it was better for on the go, since the pot is made of glass and isn't totally compact.  I prefer the formula of the stick because it isn't as thick.  The balm version takes quite a while to sink in, therefore rubs of quite easily and I don't think you get the full effect.  This is around €5 which for a stick lip balm is a pit pricier but I do think it's worth it.  I will repurchase this.


Bioderma atoderm stick levres 
I forgot to pop this into the picture but this is from another french pharmacy brand.  I'm not too sure about this one.  It has a very unusual texture and if you swipe it on your lips more than once it's very gloopy and white.  It didn't last me very long either.  It does absorb quite quickly though, and did keep my lips soft.  I would be up for trying it again to give it a second chance but I was not totally impressed the first time.

Palmer's coconut butter formula original lip balm 
Saving the best till last, this is the best lip balm I have ever used and the cheapest out of the bunch.  I absolutely love this stuff!!! It doesn't leave any weird residue, smells quite nice and is super hydrating.  My lips were always super hydrated and soft when I was using this.  The only down side to this product is that it isn't available in Germany.  I bought it in boots while I was in Ireland so the next time I go, I'll be stocking up!

x Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment